DATES: October 21-22 | 2 Day Intensive Course
PRICE: $1765 + 13% HST
HANDS ON AIRWAY MANAGEMENT
Managing a critically ill patient’s airway is a significant challenge & concern to every physician whether they are Anaesthetists, Intensivists or physician covering the Emergency/Urgent care or Hospital floor.
Our 2 day ECCAM Course takes the clinician through every step of airway management from basic airway management, advanced airway management, the failed airway to post intubation care including ongoing sedation & analgesia, paralysis and ventilator management.
ECCAM Course was created following a realization that this area of our practice could be taught better. This area of our clinical practice can result in immediate better outcomes for our patients but has the potential to cause harm if done sub optimally. Many clinicians dread airway interventions in our sick patients. We reduce the anxiety surrounding the airway & provide the clinician with a formalized approach to the airway.
BY THE END OF THE COURSE THE PHYSICIAN WILL HAVE LEARNT
• The indications for intubation
• Basic airway management techniques
• How to use all the airway equipment in the airway cart
• How to recognize & anticipate challenges in airway management
• Advanced airway management:
1. Pharmacology of the medications used in airway management
2. Rescue techniques & devices
3. How to manage the failed airway
4. Achieving a definitive airway
• How to support the cardiovascular system whilst managing the airway
• How to manage the ventilator post intubation
Our teaching Faculty are from Anaesthesia, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine & Intensive Care backgrounds. They have been selected for their clinical skills AND passion for teaching. ECCAM Course is an interactive course with plenty of discussion & interaction with Faculty. We have intentionally allowed for >50% hands on practice.